Interview Release Form
In order to make proper use of, and to clarify the permissions related to, the interviews we record, we ask participants to consent to the following terms, which includes some options for how to manage the interview data during and after the project. You will be asked about this in the beginning of a recorded interview, but you should ideally have communicated your preference beforehand. Once the interview has been transcribed, we'll also provide you with a copy of the transcription, so you have the option of adding details or clarifying points as you see relevant.
- I agree to be interviewed and recorded, as part of the "FSFE in 2020" project of the Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.
I understand a recording will be made of the interview and made available to the steering committee of the project. In addition, a transcript of the interview will also be made and made available to the steering committee. No one outside of the steering committee shall have regular access to the recording, though I understand that for technical reasons, the FSFE's system administrator team and staff of PlusServer GmbH, can also access the data for the purpose of technical repairs and interventions. [ADDED: 2017-11-17] I also understand the recording and transcript will be made available to the executive council (President, Vice President, Financial Officer and Executive Director) of the FSFE.
- I consent to the FSFE e.V. storing information about my name, address and phone number connected to the interview data.
- At the end of the project, the original recordings and transcripts shall be deleted unless I have given permission to keep the data.
- I grant to the FSFE e.V. any title to copyright, property right, or literary rights in the recording(s) and their use, as well as to any reproductions or transcripts.
- My participation in this project is entirely voluntary, and I may withdraw at any time prior to its conclusion.
It would be extremely helpful if the FSFE can keep a copy of the interview and transcript after the project, for our own documentation and for preserving a part of the oral history of the FSFE and free software movement. As an exception to the above agreement, you can give explicit instructions for what is to happen with the interview data after the project. These are the standard options, but please feel free to make other suggestions if you feel it's relevant!
- I agree that the audio interview and transcription is made available publicly and licensed under the CC BY-ND 4.0 license.
- I agree the FSFE e.V. can retain a copy of the interview data for their own archive where it can be viewed and made available to FSFE staff and executive councils in the future.