Netherlands online get-together
- 2021-12-15 20:00 CET
- 22:00 ?
- On FSFE conference server (send email to Nico Rikken to get login details)
Online get-together of Netherlands
Discussion points / Agenda + minutes
Agenda + minutes
- Coalition treaty
Link to the document by NOS https://download.omroep.nl/nos/docs/15122021_coalitieakkoord.pdf (digitization on page 33)
- Open source is mentioned
- Digital identity is defined as being developed
Article about Digid lobby https://www.ftm.nl/artikelen/internationale-digid-lobby
- In general now discussion about Covid QR-codes as a system of control
- Also eHerkenning by government as a requirement to participate in.
iDeal payment is bound to be replaced by MasterCard debit card system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_(debit_card) "Starting July 1, 2023, Mastercard will phase out Maestro across Europe. European banks and other card issuers will be required to replace expired or lost Maestro cards with other debit card products like Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit."
- How is the financial infrastructure set up
docs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-commerce_credit_card_payment_system waar elke transactie vooraf en achteraf via de credit card companie gaat (neem aan dat dat VISA is)
- PSP fees are typically levied in one of two ways: as a percentage of each transaction or a fixed cost per transaction.
European payment service providers are supervised based on the European Payment Services Directive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment_Services_Directive
open banking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_banking
Party against centraly created debt-bases currency https://blog.onsgeld.nu/
Dutch National Bank (DNB) considering that direction https://www.dnb.nl/en/actueel/dnb/dnbulletin-2020/digital-currency-issued-by-central-banks-can-protect-public-interests-in-payment-systems/
- NL as digital hub of Europe
- Could attract offensive actors to attack Dutch infrastructure
- Power structures
- Linux Foundation as a corporate sponsored organization
- W3C: adoption of DRM standards
- Google has a strong market share to dicate the direction
- Datacenters in Flevoland by Meta (Facebook) incl Zeewolde?
- Earlier already in Groningen a datacenter by Microsoft. Sponsoring of local MBO education with a data centre education and a server rack, and sponsoring of the local musical society.
Zondag met Lubach item how datacenters consume subsidized green energy https://www.npo3.nl/zondag-met-lubach/11-10-2020/VPWON_1314456
- How to limit our energy consumption via internet services?
- Power of online services like Youtube about content providers, similar to platforms for taxi drivers, food delivery, webshops, etc.
- determine the market, who gets on top and who doesn't
- sellers are encouraged to store goods in amazon data centers
- prime membership for recurring visiting
- Amazon gets market information to determine what products to sell as 'amazon basics'
- More and more rental services
- Then you typicall have no control over the associated software
- Example of renting a modem
In NL router freedom https://fsfe.org/news/2021/news-20210805-01.nl.html
- ED Digital Markets Act
FSFE News article https://fsfe.org/news/2021/news-20211215-01.html
- In effect in about 6 months
- Book Ik weet wie je bent en wat je doet - Matthias Dobbelaere-Welvaert
- Arjan Lubach in NL has good points, sometimes easier to share than a book
- Similar: ZDF MAGAZIN ROYALE mit Jan Böhmermann
- Sam: Letter to Belgium parliament?
Inspiration can be drawn from https://wiki.fsfe.org/Activities/ContactingAdministrationsForPMPC
- Advocacy training by the FSFE?
Not discussed, perhaps next meeting
- Principles of souvereignity
- Jos in Borne
Mathijs Pontier in Amsterdamse municipal council: https://amsterdam.raadsinformatie.nl/vergadering/926769/Raadscommissie%20Algemene%20Zaken%2009-12-2021 (via Geert-Jan)
Issue has reached the media (via Geert-Jan) https://www.agconnect.nl/artikel/nederland-wil-europees-onderwijsplatform-ontwikkelen-en-big-tech-omzeilen
- Court case Daniel
- Letter of support prepared
- Preparing the court case
Previous meeting: Events/Netherlands/2021-11-17
Next meeting: Events/Netherlands/2022-01-16
How to edit this
Login using FSFE account or by asking Nico Rikken as Coordinator for a volunteer account.