System Hackers Weekend
- 2019-03-09 09:00
- 2019-03-10 14:00
- Widerhofergasse 8, Vienna, Austria
A weekend for the FSFE's System Hackers to solve a few pressing issues and plan the next months for the technical infrastructure.
- Michael P.
- you? Contact max.mehl to receive all necessary information
- Fix backup system
- Migrate blogs.fsfe.org to new server and update.
- Move handling of fsfeurope.org mails to mail1, slim it down, and get rid of the gadolin VM. We will use the weekend to brainstorm where we need to search for leftovers of @fsfeurope.org dependencies.
- Think about and implement first steps to improve our Docker infrastructure: Handle (security) updates of images and containers, distribute services among different hosts for better scalability, think specifically of security measurements
- Upgrade VMs to newer Debian versions.
- Think about services we could deprecate to save ourselves for maintenance work.
- Documentation, documentation, documentation. For each process which we will have to do more than once, let's extend the docu in our wiki to make onboarding new volunteers as easy as possible!