Questions/Template for volunteer/non-founder
At the start of every interview:
- Thank the interview person
- Make sure they understand the interview is recorded (and start recording)
- Ask if they read the release form and agree to it
- Ask if they have any instructions for how we should treat the interview data
Questions to understand the demographics
- What is your name?
- Where are you based geographically?
- What made you first contribute to Open Source and for how long have you been doing it?
- Which is the OS project that you contribute constantly?
- When was the first time you heard about FSFE?
- How long have you been contributing to FSFE?
- What made you first to contribute to it?
Questions to understand identity perception
- What is FSFE in your perspective?
- When someone asks you regarding FSFE what's the first thing that pops up in your mind?
- The FSFE is not alone in the ecosystem it serves; we have many organisations around us. Which organizations do you think is closest to the FSFE, and how is the FSFE still different from them?
Questions to understand key points
- How would you describe the difference, if you see any, between free software and open source?