Volunteer account creation
This page is aimed at coordinators of FSFE groups and teams.
If you are a volunteer who would like to get an FSFE account, please contact the coordinator of your team.
If you as the coordinator of a team within FSFE get a request for an account from a volunteer, please follow these steps:
Send the following link to the volunteer: https://my.fsfe.org/register/<your username> (Yes, <your username> is really the username of you, the coordinator, not the username which the new volunteer will get!)
- As soon as the volunteer registers there, you will receive an email notification. This email contains two links: one to confirm that the registration is genuine, and one to deny the registration and discard the data.
- When you have confirmed the registration, the volunteer will receive an email with instructions on how to set up a username and a password.
- As soon as the volunteer has set up username and password and thus can log into FSFE's services, you will receive another email for your information.
The process above works only if you (the coordinator) are registered as a "recruiter". To get this registration, please write to contact (at) fsfe (dot) org.
- Do not publish the URL above to avoid receiving registrations from people not actually involved in any FSFE activities.
- Do not point potential volunteers to this page. This page is written for the audience of coordinators, and will only confuse volunteers. Instead, potential volunteers should always be referred to the coordinator in charge for the possibility of getting an FSFE account.
- Make sure that the volunteer is reasonably serious about actually contributing before encouraging a registration.