Netherlands online get-together
- 2022-12-21 20:00 CET
- 22:00 ?
Online get-together of Netherlands
Discussion points / Agenda + minutes
Agenda + Minutes
- NGI zero: if at any point you know a project that needs funding you can apply every couple of months.
Router Freedom: Belgium on the right way to protect end-users https://fsfe.org/news/2022/news-20221215-01.en.html
- YH4F competition
- Via teacher in school for example
Sign our open letter about the right to install any software on any device https://fsfe.org/news/2022/news-20221121-01.en.html
- In Greece initial meeting, starting with Mastodon
- I love FS day
- See with Bjorn Weijers to get a central locations
- CEDO EU meeting
- Belgian group wil translate manifesto in French and offer to Belgium parliament
- Meeting with union of university and higher education groups. Because of a lot of funding to speed up digitalisation.
- CEDO: IT people, concerned parents and teachers (mostly primary and secondary school)
- Ensure non-IT teachers are involved and make them understand the change. user experience might not be on par with other solutions yet.
Example of proprietary educational software project that caused issues by frustrating collaboration <https://historiana.eu/builder>
Generic Free Software alternatieve is <https://moodle.org/>
- Historiana background
Content is Creative Commons via Euroclio <https://euroclio.eu/>
- Webtic developers
Initial development <https://webtic.nl/portfolio-items/activity-builder-elearning-activities/>
Working to make it usable in a wider way <https://webtic.nl/portfolio-items/opening-up-historiana/>
UX bij USE. <https://use.media/20years/project/historiana>
- IT developed as a means to an end to supply content.
- Idea to contact Euroclio to get the code public
- Whats in it for them
- Integrate with other educational material and offer for more types of lessons.
- Whats in it for them
- CEDO EU?
- Ask Nicolas if a room is available vor a BNL meetup
Algoritmeregister <https://algoritmes.overheid.nl/> via <https://standaard.algoritmeregister.org/>
Amsterdam as one of the first <https://algoritmeregister.amsterdam.nl/en/ai-register/>
- Open hardware in Delft
Jerry de Vos: How frustration led to Delft Open Hardware <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cWUnZu1tGs>
Stuff going on <https://www.tudelft.nl/open-hardware/projects>
- Issues with Neutrinet VPN: no resonse on the website
Great links on the VPN page <https://neutrinet.be/en/vpn>
- Copyright tax exemptions in Belgium, discussion on that software companies get tax advantages for their copyrighted materials.
Previous and upcoming meetings on the wiki overview page: Events/Netherlands
How to edit this
Login using FSFE account or by asking Nico Rikken as Coordinator for a volunteer account.