This page is is either off topic, has a low overall quality, or is simply outdated and will be deleted soon. If you still need this page, please contact the WikiCaretakers and explain what this page is for. Please do not remove this notice from the page.
- The information should be cleaned up
the information should be contained in TechDocs/Wiki
This is a list of standards/best practices that we want to adhere to while editing the wiki. This is still a draft, so feel free to leave comments and to make changes.
- language tags
all languages need a #language tag (e.g. #language fr)
- translations If a page is a translation, it should also have a language tag added to the page address such as _fr. Which page is the original and which one the translation can probably be deferred from the history. If in doubt, add the language tag to both addresses.
- should categories and subpages overlap? I would say no, at least for most cases. Subpages are much more granular and do grouping on a finer level, categories are on a much broader level. If an overlap seems to make sense, discuss it on the quickml.
CamelCase vs free_link
Generally, CamelCase is preferrable. Single-word pagenames should start with an uppercase letter. This solution is cleaner when it comes to links.
- no '/' in titles
- portals are necessary for the following types of page
- all pages that are linked directly from the navigation bar
- most headings on the start page
- How many categories can a page have? It should have at least one, so it can be found, but maybe not more than three.
Feel free to add additional ones that you might find useful, merge existing one, or simply remove unnecessary ones. Categories need to be on the last line, and should be created as links (they are not automatically linked).