The FSFE is using a ticket system (OTRS) for internal work processes. These pages describe the setup and gives information for how to work with it.
To get access to the ticket system, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to add any FSFE coordinator or deputy.
How to grant access
OTRS uses our LDAP, but it doesn't auto-create users based on LDAP information. The reason for this is that OTRS needs the full name (or pseudonym) of the person, to be able to personalise signatures, etc. However, no information about names is retrievable from LDAP. So OTRS uses LDAP for validating passwords, but has its own user database. Any user needs to be created in OTRS, after which they can login with their usual LDAP password.
To create a user:
- Login into OTRS as a user with Admin rights.
- Click on the "Admin" button in the main menu, then on "Agents" (in the "Agents management" box), then on "Add agent".
- Enter Firstname, Lastname, Username (must match the FSFE login chosen by the user), and Email address (@fsfe.org address preferred). Everything else can be left at the default settings. Then click on "Submit".
- In the last step, you can add the user to any roles that seem appropriate. Always add a user to the r_User role, and then add as you feel is useful from below.
Overview of roles
What you have access to in the ticket system, and what notifications you get, are influenced by what role you have in the organisation.
- r_User: All users of the ticket system (access to Junk)
- r_Coordinator: All coordinators and deputies (access to Inquiries)
- r_Legal: Legal network administrators (access to the Legal ticket queue, current not used)
- r_Shipping: The "shipping department" in the Berlin office
r_AllStaff - All currently employed staff with the FSFE (access to Inquiries and Interns queue)
- r_Finance - Members of our financial team (access to Financial queue)
r_Intern - Current interns (access to Inquiries, InternApplications, Orders, Orders::Paid queues)
- r_Administrator - Access to the admin interface