Dot in usernames
This task is part of the FellowshipHacks/Projects/Blog project.
WPMU has problems if a username contains dots, underscores or dashes.
The kind of problems seems to depend on the particular configuation, used plugins etc (in particular the LDAP plugin that we use).
This is not a bug, but a design decision in WPMU:
We must understand the extent of the problem and find solutions (or harm-reduction).
People working on this task.
Volunteers are always welcome! Have a look at FellowshipHacks to know how you can help
Last updated on: 090203
cri: I've tested the .htaccess solution and it seems to work.
This is a list of subtasks to do for the completion of the task.
- If new problems should arise, we can test the other solutions.
- Tested the bug on our 2.6.3 + LDAP plugin (and also on 2.7)
- No problems with underscores and dashes
- With dots: blog/user creation is ok, but the CSS/theme is not used (as reported in the WPMU forums
- Tested the .htaccess solution; it works
Solutions found in the WPMU forums:
Patch in WPMU tracker: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/363
- This is for WPMU without LDAP, we don't need this
Fix to the .htaccess rewrite rules: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6141
- This seems to fix our problem!
Patch to the LDAP plugin: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9864
- This changes the way domain names are created during registration
- Not tested, it seems we don't need it.