The Nordic Free Software Award is honouring people from the Nordic countries who've made prominent contributions to the advancement of Free Software. The jury consists of previous years' winners, making the award a true recognition from ones peers. The award was first handed out in 2007 and will be awarded again in 2018 at the FOSS-North conference on the 23rd of April 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden. Nominations for the award should be accompanied with information about the nominee and their work, and be handed in by the 21st of January 2018. Past winners include Ole Tange, Otto Kekäläinen, Erik Josefsson, Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson, Simon Josefsson, Daniel Stenberg and Mats Östling.
To nominate someone for the Nordic Free Software Award, fill in the nomination form.
2012: Ole Tange & Otto Kekäläinen (PR)
2011: Erik Josefsson (PR)
2010: Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson (PR)
- 2009: Simon Josefsson and Daniel Stenberg
- 2008: Mats Östling
- Send invitation email for jury (email written already) (DONE)
- identity an event in second quarter 2018 where we could announce the winner (possible ones: foss-north.se)
- Email to foss-north organizers
- Publish Limesurvey nomination form
advertise the nomination => write email about the nominations being opened
- request funding from the local activities budget to cover travel + accommodation of award winner plus something small for the prize itself
- write up the background and information *about* the prize for advertising purposes
- create translations of information
- create a diploma for the prize (the prize could be diploma + something small personalised connected to what the recipient works on)
- collect and compile results, hand over to jury
- pr for after the award ceremony with motivation etc
There's a page here: https://fsfe.org/activities/nordic-free-software-award/ which used to be used to collect nominations.