Legal and Licensing Workshop Organisation Team
- Gabriel Ku Wei Bin
- Galia Mancheva
- How to join
- This is a closed group. If you would like to join our group of volunteers to assist with the Legal and Licensing Workshop, please write a short email to the coordinator.
- Mailing lists
- The LLW Organisation Team is the group responsible for organising the FSFE's annual Free Software Legal and Licensing Workshop.
The LLW Orga Team is the group responsible for coordinating the FSFE’s annual Free Software Legal and Licensing Workshop (the LLW), held every year to allow legal experts to discuss issues and best practices surrounding Free Software licenses. The LLW has become the world’s foremost gathering of lawyers, technologists and thought leaders on Free Software legal and licensing topics.
Participation in the Free Software Legal and Licensing Workshop provides legal professionals not only the opportunity to share knowledge and updates on the topics they are working on, but also a chance to meet and get acquainted with each other. These two aspects, combined, foster better license compliance by spreading best practices.
The 2019 Orga Team consists of the LLW Event Manager, FSFE Staff (project/event managers), as well as the FSFE's local contacts in Barcelona.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Orga Team’s main role is to coordinate and organize the logistical requirements of the LLW, and to ensure its smooth running. To this end, the Orga Team’s responsibilities include securing and planning for the following for the LLW:
- Fundraising and budgeting
- Food/Beverage at the event
- Gift bags and other related swag
- Physical event materials (such as flyers, signs,programs, etc)
- Social events for participants (including sightseeing, reception/farewell dinners)
- Keeping participants updated on important information required for their attendance.
- Technical preparation (including staging, lighting, and sound solutions)
How decisions are made in the Orga Team
Recommendations for where and when the LLW should take place shall be primarily made by the LN Council and/or the Orga Team.
- In doing so, the LN Council and/or the Orga Team shall take into account input from previous LLW sponsors, and/or other organisations in the field who may have their preferences.
When planning items relating to the praticalities or logistical issues of the LLW, planning decisions will primarily be made by the Orga Team, although the LN Council can put forward ideas and recommendations where it sees fit.
- The LLW Event Manager and the FSFE’s Executive Council shall have veto powers over a particular decision made by the Orga Team, should they deem it to be necessary, although all feedback from the Orga Team must first be considered.