Support the Fellowship blogging platform.
- pb AT fsfe DOT org wrote on f-h@ about it
- Gianluca Campanella had some useful contacts with Jeff Waugh (the guy who implemented a similar platform for GNOME Blogs)
Volunteers are always welcome! Have a look at FellowshipHacks to know how you can help
We are in the "support" phase, working to fix bugs and improve the platform.
You can create a page for a new task using the button below. Just enter the name for the page and it will be automatically created as a subpage of this project page.
(there are no open bugs at the moment)
Improve our custom wordpress themes stored in the fsfe-blogs subversion repository;
To check out a working copy of the repository using the svn command line client:
svn --username yourusername co https://svn.fsfe.org/fsfe-blogs yourlocaldir
To get write access to the repository, please write to <fellowship-hackers AT fsfeurope DOT org>.
- We have a task page for each of our custom themes:
Improve the page with usage instructions for blogs
- Improve performance
- Solutions to evaluate
Apache caching features: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/caching.html
- Wordpress plugins for object cache (must check if supported by WPMU!)
- Wordpress plugins for full-page cache (must check if supported by WPMU!)
WP Super Cache: http://ocaoimh.ie/wp-super-cache/
- Solutions to evaluate
- Signature management plugins
Check out interesting plugins used on blogs.gnome.org: http://blogs.gnome.org/blog/2007/11/18/cool-plugins-on-blogsgnomeorg/
Check out the buddypress suite of WP plugins: http://buddypress.org/
Check out interesting stuff on http://wpmudev.org/
(DONE) First manual migration test
The goal of this milestone is to have a working migration procedure, tested manually on some selected blogs.
(DONE) Set up WPMU (http://mu.wordpress.org) and the LDAP plugin to use our LDAP server.
Set up a manual migration procedure (from EZ to WPMU) for some test blogs (see the page for status details)
(DONE) Automatic migration test
The goal is to automate the migration procedure and test it running it on ALL current blogs.
- Test the script for automatic migration of data (from EZ to WPMU) for all current blogs
Fix the migration procedure, according to feedback given during the test on selected blogs
- Decide and communicate schedule for the final release
- Prepare a wiki page with minimal user documentation
(DONE) Final release
The goal is to release the new blog platform and turn off the old one (after a short overlapping period).
- Install the admin-ssl WP plugin to force https for login/editing operations
- Fix the script for automatic migration, according to feedback given during the test on all blogs