fix FAQ links
clean up front page to give a better overview and move specific information to the respective sections
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= The New FSFE Wiki =
Welcome to all the quirks and glitches of our fresh Wiki! All pages have been migrated. Use the Search function to find them again. We will work out styling problems and broken menus within the coming weeks (that is before April 2016). Pages will still be moved around during this time, so links are not reliable yet. Content will not be touched though. You can use the Wiki already!
Need to compare something to the old wiki? See [[http://wiki-test.fsfe.org]].
Please direct questions, praise and complaint to [[firstname.lastname@example.org]]
|= FSFE Wiki =|
|Line 10:||Line 5:|
|== Make your first edit ==
No matter if you are new to the wiki or a Fellowship veteran, get rid of the annoying security question and enter your name into [[Group/Registered]]. Log in and do it. ...really go do it now!
|Welcome to the FSFE Wiki! This page will give you a quick overview of what you can find here and how to find it.|
|Line 13:||Line 7:|
|== Changes we made ==
No AdminGroups anymore. Have you ever set up an admin group for your group pages? Have you made constant use of it? Do you know what I'm talking about? ... Yeah, exactly...
Distinct name spaces. Permission groups do now go to Group/ etc... learn more here: WikiAdmin.
Been a guest user? Sorry we don't run those nasty software patches anymore. Instead you can now become a full volunteer Fellow of FSFE. See [[Migrated/UserGuide#Volunteer_accounts]]
== Changes we didn't make ==
* We are still using Moin Wiki. use the wiki syntax as usual. See [[http://moinmo.in]]
* Notifications for page changes: yeah well... so far we have not migrated page change notifications you might have set up in your account. It's not clear yet if we will. If you were using email notifications you will have to set them up again or stay put, for further announcements.
|= Free Software Advocacy =
The [[Advocacy|Advocacy section]] contains information on how to promote Free Software in various situations. You can promote Free Software by handing out informational brochures or by organizing a booth. Have a look at this section to find out which other options there are.
|Line 25:||Line 11:|
|In the [[Events|events section]], you can find events that are scheduled and decide if you want to attend. There is also a list of [[LocalGroups|local groups]] if you want to meet other friends of Free Software in your region.|
|Line 26:||Line 13:|
|Beside getting in contact with other Fellows [[http://fellowship.fsfe.org/communicate.en.html|via mailing lists, IRC, and jabber]] we suggest to have Fellowship meetings.
* Check out the FellowshipEvents to see if there is a planned event in your region
* There is an [[LocalGroup|overview of all local groups]]
* If there does not yet exist a group, or the group does not have regular meetings at the moment we encourage you to start meetings. See our [[Migrated/MeetingHowTo|Fellowship Meeting Howto]] for help on organising a meeting.
= Free Software Advocacy =
* [[Advocacy]] guidance and [[Category/Advocacy|all advocacy pages]]
* On [[Leaflets|the leaflet page]] you can find the Fellowship latex class (thanks to Sebastian Günther) to create leaflets for your fellowship group.
* [[Audio|Audio]] and [[Video|video]] recordings
* [[Hardware for Free Software]], [[Windows-Tax_Refund|Windows Tax Refund]] and [[AppleRefund|Apple Refund]]
* Advocacy FAQ in [[Advocacy/faq_en|English]], [[Advocacy/faq_bg|Bulgarian]], [[Advocacy/faq_fr|French]], [[Advocacy/faq_de|German]], [[Advocacy/faq_it|Italian]], [[Advocacy/faq_es|Spanish]], and [[Advocacy/faq_tr|Turkish]].
* [[Event representation]] - how to promote FSFE's work at any event
= Fellowship Services =
* FellowshipServices: learn more about the available Fellowship services
* [[Card_howtos|Fellowship Card HowTos]]
= Fellowship Booths =
* FSFE's [[Booth]]s
|= TechDocs =
You can find information about [[TechDocs/FellowshipServices|services we offer to Fellows]].
|Line 48:||Line 17:|
|You want to help improve this wiki, but you do not know yet how to do that (best)? Head over to the [[Help|help section]] to find out how.|
|Line 49:||Line 19:|
|If you are a [[http://fellowship.fsfe.org|Fellow of the FSFE]] you can login right now with your usual Fellowship username and password. If you don't have an account, you can become a volunteer and [[UserGuide#Volunteer_accounts|create a volunteer account]].||= Something is broken =
The wiki was recently migrated to a new software version and we are in the process of reordering all the pages in it. So there are still a few quirks and glitches we need to work out. We are hoping to be done around the beginning of May. Pages will still be moved around during this time, so links are not reliable yet. You can use the Wiki already! If you want to help, please joing the [[WikiAdmin/WikiCaretakers|WikiCaretakers team]].
|Line 51:||Line 22:|
|The pages on this wiki '''do not constitute a statement by [[http://www.fsfe.org|FSFE]]''', so you do not need to obtain FSFE's permission before contributing or changing the articles; we only ask you to follow the [[LicensingPolicy|wiki license guidelines]]. The goal of this wiki is to assist the Free Software community by providing learning materials and space for coordination. Please keep this in mind when contributing and when reviewing existing material. Happy wiki-ing!
* UserGuide: information for first-time users and policy of the wiki
* RecentChanges: see where people are currently working (also available via [[http://wiki.fsfe.org/RecentChanges?action=rss_rc&diffs=1&unique=0|RSS]])
* SiteNavigation: get an overview over this site and what it contains
* WikiWishList: help us improve the wiki
* FellowshipHacks: help us improve the Fellowship services
|Please direct questions, praise and complaint to [[mailto:email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org]]|
Welcome to the FSFE Wiki! This page will give you a quick overview of what you can find here and how to find it.
Free Software Advocacy
The Advocacy section contains information on how to promote Free Software in various situations. You can promote Free Software by handing out informational brochures or by organizing a booth. Have a look at this section to find out which other options there are.
Local Groups and Meetings
You can find information about services we offer to Fellows.
Contribute to this wiki
You want to help improve this wiki, but you do not know yet how to do that (best)? Head over to the help section to find out how.
Something is broken
The wiki was recently migrated to a new software version and we are in the process of reordering all the pages in it. So there are still a few quirks and glitches we need to work out. We are hoping to be done around the beginning of May. Pages will still be moved around during this time, so links are not reliable yet. You can use the Wiki already! If you want to help, please joing the WikiCaretakers team.
Please direct questions, praise and complaint to email@example.com